Saturday, June 16, 2012

KD5 Book Study: Chapter 2

Some things to think about while reading this chapter:

1. Do you trust your students? How do you build this trust? Are you able to trust them and allow them to be independent throughout all aspects of your day? Are you going to be able to stay out of their way? ;)

2. How much choice do you give your students throughout the day? (would love for you to share some examples!) Do you go over your daily schedule with your students or is it just 'posted' in the room?

3. How are you going to create that sense of community where students will hold each other accountable?

4. Student ownership in learning? How do you instill this in every child?

5. Stamina! How are you going to build stamina with reading? independent work? Will you use a timer? Will you set goals? ...

As we continue reading, reflect on what your biggest challenges are going to be when you implement the Daily 5. Keep in mind what changes you are going to have to make and what you are still questioning about using the Daily 5 in your class (if you are not doing so already).

I created this printable for you to jot down your ideas on this Chapter. You can also add GREAT ideas you are learning from your fellow bloggers :)

I will be back on Wednesday with some other helpful items! Don't forget to get your blog posts done and ready to link up! I loved reading everyones posts/comments from last week!! I am learning a lot from you! If you don't have a blog, then just comment or email me! if you email me, then please let me know if I have your permission to post your thoughts.

We have been seeing some great 'pin's on our Pinterest board. Don't forget to stop by!

Have fun reading!!

7 comments:

  1. I am wondering how I can trust my students to complete their work..I have students who would not complete their seat work or center activities. I had to check their work while they were eating snack to see if they completed their work. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Building stamina with kindergarteners can be tough. I found it helpful NOT showing them how much time has passed on my timer. I felt like some students were motivated to beat the timer but not "build their stamina." Others became overwhelmed by the amount of time passed and lost focus faster.
    I have a few tips and tricks about Daily 5 on my own blog. I just implemented Daily 5 during the last 2 months of school and I went through the troubleshooting process (still am). Stop on by!
    Vanessa
    Kindergarten Schmindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog... Please come visit mine :)
    http://goingbacktokinder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used the graph last year to build stamina. My students loved to see how far they made it on the graph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I have been blog stalking you- love your ideas:) I added a link on my page to your site. Please come visit me.

    steeleinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I am still trying to figure out how to do this in kinder!
    Kinderteachaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your whole content it’s really interesting and attracting for new reader.
    Thanks for sharing the information with us.

    Goldshell KD5
    innosilicon a10
    Antminer Z15
    antminer l7F
    bitcoin mining hardware 2022

    ReplyDelete