Monday, December 3, 2012

Look Who's Here!! The Elf on the Shelf!

I am OBSESSED with the Elf on the Shelf! I just can't help it! I LOVE it!! I know a lot of people think he is creepy...I just don't see that haha ;)

This year I have a couple students in my class with special needs. I know a couple of them don't do well with change. So, on Thursday I wanted to make sure to give them a little 'heads up'. I told the students that I had written a letter to Santa asking him for an Elf to come to our classroom. I told them I wasn't sure if Santa was going to be able to send the Elf because there aren't enough for all the classrooms and homes. But, if we did get one then we are super lucky!! Of course they had a million questions and I answered them all...how tall is he? Why is he coming? Does he talk? Can he play with us? ....

On Friday the students ran in looking for the elf, but he wasn't there. I told them that I didn't think the mailman came yet, but maybe he wasn't coming.  Then, before school was out, a special package was delivered to our class! It was freezing (came right out of the freezer) because it was a speedy delivery straight from the North Pole!! The kids couldn't believe it!! They thought they were touching snow! (we are in Florida so any kind of frost can be considered 'snow'). We read the book and quickly gave our Elf a name...Snow!! Santa also delivered the Elf on the Shelf DVD so we watched it before we went home. The DVD is totally a MUST! It really explains the Elf and even shows Santa packaging the Elf in the box that they come in.

This morning the kids were so excited to come inside and see where Snow landed!


She was 'bored' over the weekend without us, so she decided to make us little Christmas and Hanukkah countdowns! 

I can't wait for the students to see where she lands tomorrow...this is such an exciting and fun way to get ready for the holidays!! 

I found some ideas for the Elf and have them on my Pinterest board HERE if you need any :)

6 comments:

  1. Our little elf will appear tomorrow. I'm from Florida, so ours will come from the freezer too. It should be an exciting day.
    Tammy
    Primary Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was creepy...but not anymore! They're growing on me. Now I want one for my classroom! :D Snow is so cute! I love the freezer idea! Can't wait to see what else she does in your classroom!

    Bren P.
    The Teacher Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing ELf on the Shelf this year. Now to to decide what to do with him tomorrow. I love your note from your elf. Now I need to get busy and make some cute notes.

    Shelly
    Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it totally weird that I had never heard of Elf on the Shelf until it took over Pinterest?? =) Now that I am fully informed, it sounds so exciting!! I can't wait to read more about everyone's different ideas.
    Vanessa
    Kindergarten Schmindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do think the elf is a tad bit creepy, but I love it anyway! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave you a little "shout out" on my blog. Check it out! (and thanks for the cute Gingerbread Boy and Girl)
    http://adventureswithfirsties.blogspot.com

    ~Karen Rowland

    ReplyDelete