Sunday, June 2, 2013

Shopping: Oriental Trading



I LOVE getting packages in the mail!! But then again, I'm not sure who doesn't?! I was lucky enough to receive a $50 gift card to Oriental Trading and I spent every dollar...and a little more too!
Everything I ordered was in preparation for next year. 

I ordered erasers so I could finally make the cute eraser gum ball machine I found on Pinterest
HERE is the gum ball machine I ordered :)

I also ordered new crayon cases for my little ones. We share crayons for the first half of the year, but in January I give each student their own crayons. This gets them ready for first grade and also makes them more responsible of their materials! They actually LOVE it! I think these cute cases from Oriental Trading will fit much nicer in my desk organizers too!
I got more clips--which we all use ALL the time!!
Then I decided to order more foam dice. I have 2 right now, but I have a bunch of regular dice in my classroom. I use these ALL the time at the beginning of the year (lots of dice games) and my kids all like the foam dice much better! I do too--look at the fun colors!! 
and lastly, I ordered more hot glue for all of my fun summer 'crafty' projects!
LOVE everything I received from Oriental Trading! The site is very easy to navigate and I received my materials SUPER fast! I will definitely be shopping there again soon!!
This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product listed above. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company or PR agency and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation was received for this review.

12 comments:

  1. love the eraser gum ball machine! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything you picked up!! I bought 4 packs of foam dice recently and I enjoy them so much more than regular dice!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gum ball machine is too cute! I've ordered those same dice for our family nights at school!

    Bridget
    Literacy Without Worksheets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot glue and clips- two of my favorite things. Where did you get the gum ball machine? I've got to get one of those!
    Stacy
    Leading and Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are definitely things you will use up! I love the foam dice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am headed off to order those foam dice. I don't really like the sound of dice hitting the tables so those would be perfect.

    Amanda
    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you share supplies and then transition the kids into having their own! So developmentally appropriate!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Oriental Trading Company. I usually make one purchase each year just before school. The idea of transitioning school supplies is such a great idea. That is definitely going on my to remember list for next year.

    Erin
    It's "OWL" Good in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  9. An eraser gumball machine is SO cute! My kiddos would love that!
    Alisha
    First Grade Follies

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's time I go on a little shopping spree!!!! :)
    Loving the gumball machine . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I prefer the foam dice too - much quieter! {and they don't seem to roll quite as far as regular dice} Love the gumball machine!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Caitlin!
    I just found your blog and I absolutely loveee it! Oriental Trading is the best. I'm going to order my prizes for our behavior incentive auction from there. I was just hired for my first teaching job for next school year. It's 3rd grade, but I'd love for you to stop by my blog anyways!

    Ainsley
    www.kittiesinmycubby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete