Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bat Unit (3 weeks)

This week we kicked off our bats unit! One of my students favorites! We decorated our bulletin board with this cute and easy bat craft from Cupcake. 
In the word work center, when my students complete their work, their 'go to' activity is always the  word work cards. They found the Halloween cards and started writing right away :)
We did tons of fun bat activities this week, but I totally forgot to take pictures. Hate when that happens!!

On a different note, my school is having us complete frameworks this year. We have to  hand in each unit we teach and make sure everything is aligned to Common Core and contains ESOL strategies. Here is my framework for my bat unit. To get the links, you will need to click on the image below and download the plans. The links are hyperlinked in the PDF document. Hopefully you can find some ideas! 

Head on over to Mrs. Wills Kindergarten to check out what others are up to!!

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE your framework! Looks great--especially since I own your Bat unit and plan to do most of that stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bats are too cute! Thank you for offering the Word Work as a freebie. I'm going to check out your bat unit!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  3. That framework is going to save a lot of teachers time and effort! Thanks
    Mary
    Sharing Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is A LOT of work for every unit! Great job - I absolutely LOVE this and boy, did you save me some work. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bats are adorable! Thanks so much for sharing your word work cards.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete